Safe Travels USA Cost Saver is a travel medical insurance plan offered by Trawick International Travel Insurance.
It is designed for budget-minded travelers who are non-US citizens en route to the USA, while in the USA, and in countries while on the way to the USA or the way to their home country as well as countries on the itinerary
Safe Travels USA Cost Saver insurance is a temporary accident & sickness Medical/Repatriation/Evacuation plan for international travelers coming to the USA or visiting countries outside of their home country.
Safe Travel USA Cost Saver plan provides coverage to non-US Citizens who are residing outside the USA & traveling outside of their home country to visit solely the U.S. or to visit the U.S. & other countries worldwide.
Healthcare in the USA is very expensive and visitors to the USA should consider buying travel medical insurance to reduce the financial impact in case of unforeseen medical care needed during the visit.
Safe Travels USA Cost Saver Plan Details
The Safe Travels USA Cost Saver is a comprehensive travel medical insurance plan that provides medical coverage and other covered travel expenses and eligible medical expenses for budget-minded travelers outside their home country.
Safe Travels USA Cost Saver Insurance provides coverage for the recurrence (sudden and unexpected) of pre-existing conditions up to the first $1,000 of covered expenses.
The plan provides coverage for persons up to the age of 90 years and is underwritten by Crum and Forster SPC, rated “A” by A.M. Best
The plan pays 80% of eligible medical expenses up to $5,000, then 100% up to the Maximum Limit
It is an excess temporary accident and sickness medical coverage that covers non-US citizens
- En route to the U.S.
- While in the U.S.
- In Countries, while on the way to the U.S. or way home
- Countries on the Itinerary
Coverage offered is from 5 days up to a maximum of 364 days
- Coverage can initially be purchased for a minimum of 5 days up to a maximum of 364 days
The Travel Insurance Coverage plan is extendable for up to 364 days in total
- The Coverage may be extended if the plan is purchased for a minimum of 5 days
Safe Travels USA Cost Saver has a wide choice of deductibles ranging from $0 to $5,000
The plan provides coverage for persons through the age of 89 years
This plan is not available to anyone aged 90 or above
The plan is not available to US Citizens, US Residents, or US Green Card Holders in the USA or US Green Card Holders traveling to the USA
The plan is not available to individuals who have been residing in the USA for more than 365 days prior to the Effective Date
Sports Activity Coverage is Not Available
Covid-19 expenses excluded (are not Covered, are not eligible medical expenses)
Limited coverage for acute onset of a pre-existing condition
Note: There are several other plans that offer coverage for the acute onset of pre-existing conditions. If you need a plan that covers pre-existing conditions, there are options available.
The plan participates in the First Health PPO Network, which is a widely recognized PPO Network all over the U.S. However, you are free to visit any doctor or hospital of your choice outside the PPO network
- When you go into the PPO network, the providers will charge only the network-negotiated fees, which are typically lower than their regular fees
Safe Travels USA Cost Saver Coverage Coverage
The Safe Travels USA Cost Saver is a secondary/excess plan that provides all the options available under Safe Travels Medical Insurance but coordinates and covers medical expenses your primary health plan doesn’t, such as deductibles, co-insurance, and medical evacuation without COVID-19 coverage
- Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Trip Interruption
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains
- Political Evacuation
- Local Burial and Cremation
- Emergency Medical Treatment
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Medically Necessary Repatriation
- Natural Disaster Evacuation
- Emergency Re-Union
Safe Travels USA Cost Saver Coverage Exclusion Basis Residential Status or Citizenship
- US Citizens
- US Residents or Green Card Holders in the USA
- US Green Card Holders traveling to the USA
- No available to any individual who has been residing within the USA for more than 365 days – Prior to the policy effective date
Safe Travels USA Cost Saver Coverage Eligibility
- For Non-U.S. Residents & Non-U.S, Citizens, Traveling to the USA and then other countries
- Not available to individuals who have been residing within the USA for more than 365 days (Prior to the effective date)
- For ages 14 days to 89 years
- Coverage for a minimum of 5 days up to a maximum of 364 days
- Coverage may be extended for up to 364 days ( At the Rate in force at the time of extension)
- Rates are based on: Age, Policy Maximum choice, Out of network Deductible
Highlights of Safe Travels USA Cost Saver Plan
Insurance coverage benefits for Medical Accident and sickness, emergency medical evacuation, Political evacuation, repatriation of remains, trip interruption, AD&D.
Accident & Sickness Medical Policy Maximum Choices offered $50,000, $100,000, $250,000, $500,000, $1,000,000
In Network Deductible: $0
Out-of-Network deductible Choices: $0, $50, 100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, or $5,000
Covers Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Mortal Remains, Medically Necessary Repatriation, Local Burial/Cremation
PPO Network: First Health PPO network
The plan covers unexpected recurrence of pre-existing conditions (Limitations Apply)
Wellness Visit: Covered Up to $125
The plan does not cover COVID-19 expenses
The Benefits of Safe Travel USA Cost Saver Insurance Plan
Accident and sickness medical expenses: Up to the Policy Maximum Selected
Cardiac Condition Limit:
- For ages up to 69: $25,000 (Per Policy Period)
- For ages 70 and Over: $15,000 (Per Policy Period)
COVID-19, SARS-Cov-2 Conditions: NOT Covered
Dental: Up to $250 Per Policy Period ( For Injury or Pain to sound natural teeth)
Medical Maximum Per Policy Period
$50,000, $100,000, $250,000, $500,000, $1,000,000
Deductible Choices per policy period
- In Network: $0 (Per Policy Period)
- Out of Network: $0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 (Per Policy Period)
For In-network coverage Safe Travels USA Cost Saver insurance pays 100% in eligible medical expenses up to the selected policy maximum
Co-insurance per policy period: First Health Providers are in Network, All others are Out of Network
- In Network: 100%
- Out of Network (In USA): 80% of the first $5,000 then 100% up to the policy maximum
- Outside of USA: Up to 100%
Prescription Drug Expenses are considered Out of Network
Urgent Care Co-Pay
$30 per incident if the $0 out of Network Deductible is chosen, There is no Co-Pay
Safe Travel USA Cost Saver Insurance Pre-Existing Condition Benefits
Limited coverage for unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition $1,000 (Per Policy Period)
Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-Existing Medical Condition
As per the Policy Documents, Benefits are payable for an Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-Existing Condition up to the maximum as stated in the Schedule of Benefits provided the condition or event:
- Occurs spontaneously and without advance warning either in the form of Physician recommendations or symptoms, is of short duration, is rapidly progressive, and requires urgent and immediate medical care;
- Occurs a minimum of 48 hours after the Effective Date of the Policy; and
- Treatment is obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence.
Any repeat/reoccurrence within the same Policy Period will no longer be considered an Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-Existing Condition and will not be eligible for additional coverage. This benefit covers only one (1) Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-Existing Condition per Policy Period. This benefit does not include coverage for known, scheduled, required, or expected medical care, drugs, or treatments existent or necessary prior to the Effective Date of coverage.
Pre-Existing shall also include any Acute Onset of an Illness, Sickness, disease, or other physical, medical, mental, or nervous disorder, condition, or ailment that is an exacerbation of, due to, or associated with an underlying condition. The underlying condition shall include any condition that has been monitored by a Physician due to possible deterioration of the Covered Person’s diagnosis being changed, as a result of a previously known condition that can affect, degrade, and/or alter a Covered Person’s underlying condition, including any changes in medication. Proof of Eligibility is required prior to any payment of the Claim.
Up to $125 (Per Policy Period) for 1 wellness check (Restrictions Apply)
Medically Necessary Repatriation:
100% Up to $15000 Per Policy Period
100% up to $15,000 (Per Policy Period)
24 Hour AD&D: Increases Accidental death and dismemberment Benefits to $50,000, $100,000, $250,000, $500,000
Trip Protection Benefits
Trip interruption: $5,000 (Per Policy Period)
- As reimbursement for one-way cost economy air and/or ground transportation ticket to return home due to a covered reason
Accidental Death and Dismemberment: $25,000 (Principal Sum)
24/7 Non-Insurance Benefits:
- Extendable: Up to 364 days of total coverage
- Non-Insurance Assistance Services: Included
Safe Travels USA Cost Saver Insurance Medical Expense Benefits
- Hospital Room and Board Expenses: The average semi-private room rate
- Emergency Room Illness (With no direct Hospital Admission): $200 additional deductible per visit
- Emergency Room injury/Accident or Illness(With direct Hospital Admission): UCC to the selected Policy Maximum
- Ancillary Hospital Expenses: Covered
- ICU Room and Board Charge: Three times the average Semi-Private room rate
- Physician’s Non-Surgical Visits: Covered
- Physician’s Surgical Expenses: Covered
- Assistant Physician’s Surgical Expenses: Covered
- Anesthesiologist Expense: Covered
- Outpatient Medical Expenses: Covered
- Physiotherapy/Physical Medicine/Chiropractic Expenses: Limited to $50 Per Visit/Day, One Visit/day, 10 Visits per policy period
- Dental Treatment for Injury(For pain to sound natural teeth): $250 (Per Policy Period)
- Physician’s Visits: Covered
- X-rays: Covered
- Prescription drugs: Covered (Subject to Out of Network Deductible & Co-Insurance)
- Emergency Medical Treatment of Pregnancy: Up to 1,000 (Per Policy Period)
- Mental or Nervous Disorder: 2,500 (Per Policy Period)
- Cardiac Condition:
- For Ages Up to 69: Up to $25,000 (Per Policy Period)
- For Ages 70 and over: $15,000 (Per Policy Period)
- COVID-19, SARC-Cov-2 Conditions: NOT COVERED
Safe Travels USA Cost Saver Insurance Additional Medical Expense Benefits
- Unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition: $1,000 (Pre Policy Period)
- Well Doctor Visit: $125 (Per Policy Period)
Transportation Expenses Benefits of Safe Travels USA Cost Saver Insurance
- Ambulance Service Benefits: Covered
- Emergency Medical Evacuation: 100% Up to $2,000,000 (Per Policy Period)
- Medically Necessary Repatriation: 100% Up to $15,000 (Per Policy Period)
- Political Evacuation: $25,000 (Per Policy Period)
- Natural Disaster Evacuation: $10,000 (Per Policy Period)
- Up to $250/Day to a maximum of 5 days for reasonable expenses
Must officially be declared a disaster area by the appropriate local government authorities of the Host Country
- Emergency Reunion: $15,000 (Per Policy Period)
- Return of Minor Children or Travel Companion: $5,000 (Per Policy Period)
- Covers Traveling Companion, Minor Children, or Grandchildren
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains: 100% Up to $50,000 (Per Policy Period)
- Local Burial/Cremation: $5,000 (Per Policy Period)
Safe Travels USA Cost Saver Insurance Additional Coverage Benefit
- Hospital Confinement: $50/Night up to a maximum of $500 (Per Policy Period)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) – 24 Hours
- Insured: $25,000 (Principal Sum)
- Spouse/Domestic Partner: $25,000 (Principal Sum)
- Dependent Child: $10,000 (Principal Sum)
- Seatbelt & Airbag Benefit: $5,000 (Principal Sum)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (Felonious Assault and Violent Crime): $50,000 (Principal Sum)
- Coma Benefit: $10,000
- Adaptive Home & Vehicle: $5,000
- Trip Interruption: $5,000 (Per Policy Period)
- Lost Baggage: $1,000 (Per Policy Period)
International Travel Medical Insurance for Travel Outside the USA?
International travel medical insurance is essential for anyone traveling outside their home country. While some domestic health insurance plans may provide coverage abroad, it is often limited and may require you to pay out of pocket and file for reimbursement later.
Travel health insurance, international medical insurance, and stand-alone travel medical insurance are some of the options available for international travel medical insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Trawick International a good Insurance company?
Yes, Trawick International Insurance is a renowned US Travel Insurance Company.
What is the Cancellation fee for Safe Travels USA Cost Saver Insurance
There is a cancellation fee of US $25
Does Safe Travels USA Cost Saver plan cover pre-existing conditions
Yes, the Safe Travels USA Comprehensive plan covers pre-existing conditions. The plan offers coverage for Unexpected recurrence of Pre-Existing conditions
I am looking for Travel Insurance for parents with pre-existing conditions coverage, what plans should I consider?
For Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Coverage, we offer travel insurance plans like:
You can also consider alternatives to travel insurance in the form of travel assistance plans to get pre-existing conditions covered. Please do make a note that most plans that offer pre-existing condition coverage benefits will have limits on the maximum coverage amount which can be either per incident or per policy period. Always read the policy document to ensure you have the pre-existing condition coverage you need.
Other Travel Medical Insurance Plan Alternatives to Safe Travel USA Insurance?
Alternatives to Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Insurance can be Patriot America Plus and Atlas America. Review the details in this comparison of Safe Travels vs Patriot America and Safe Travels vs Atlas America.
In summary, Safe Travels USA Cost Saver is a comprehensive travel medical insurance plan that provides medical coverage and other covered travel expenses for budget-minded travelers. It is an excess temporary accident and sickness medical coverage that covers non-US citizens en route to the USA, while in the USA, and in countries on the way to the USA or the way home as well as countries on the itinerary. The plan provides coverage for sudden and unexpected recurrence of pre-existing conditions up to the first $1,000 of covered expenses. It is a secondary/excess plan that provides all the options available under Safe Travels Medical Insurance but coordinates and covers medical expenses your primary health plan doesn’t, such as deductibles, co-insurance, and medical evacuation without COVID-19 coverage. Safe Travels!