If you are looking for appropriate health insurance for your international travel Hop Trip Assist Plus can be a great option with its guaranteed cashless claims process. via Medical Concierge.
Hop! Trip Assist Plus is exclusively a Travel Assistance Membership Program for international trips that provide worldwide Medical Assistance, Emergency Consultation Services, and Travel, Legal, & Personal Assistance, including coverage for Pre-Existing Conditions, for travelers, traveling anywhere worldwide outside their home country.
Note: Hop! TripAssist Plus is a travel assistance membership program, it is not an insurance plan, but it does provide medical assistance and offers almost all benefits that a travel insurance product does.
Hop! TripAssist plus membership is:
- Available to: Non-US Residents
- Not Available to: US Residents
Hop Trip Assist Plus provides medical assistance for New sicknesses, Accidents, and Pre-Existing Conditions assistance service for:
- Out-Patient (ER, Urgent Care, Doctor Visit)
- In-Patient (Hospitalization, Intensive Care Unit)
- Priority Pass Airport Lounge Access
- Doctor Please
- VIP Airport Assistance
Hop TripAssist Plus is best for:
- Pre-Existing Conditions
- Visitors to the USA
- Visitors Worldwide
- COVID-19 Coverage
Members who purchase the membership for a minimum of 60 days are eligible for a 30% discount on the premiums
Note: Guaranteed cashless claims process is provided via Medical Concierge.
Watch this short video of Hop! TripAssist Plus
Hop TripAssist Plus Plan Basics
Hop! TripAssist Plus is an exclusive travel assistance membership program offering comprehensive medical and travel support.
Medical Assistance is covered at 80% of the chosen assistance level (After deducting any applicable access expenses)
- The Assistance Level represents the maximum benefit available under the membership
- The Access Expense is a Non-refundable deposit that must be paid upfront to activate the assistance benefits
With Hop TripAssist Plus, members receive medical assistance for outpatient services such as urgent care, doctor visits, and emergency room treatments, as well as in-patient services like hospitalization and intensive care for new sicknesses, accidents, and pre-existing conditions.
The program provides extensive benefits for new sicknesses, accidents, and pre-existing conditions, with coverage ranging from $150,000 to $300,000, depending on the chosen membership tier.
Members also receive coverage for stable, chronic pre-existing conditions that may worsen during travel.
The Assistance Level for pre-existing conditions, new sicknesses, and accidents is either $150,000 or $300,000, based on the selected membership tier.
The medical assistance limit for pre-existing conditions is defined for each of the hop travel assist plan options selected.
Access expenses vary from $100 to $5,000 for new sicknesses or accidents, and $500 for pre-existing conditions. Additionally, Hop TripAssist Plus offers a flat $25 Access Expense for Urgent Care visits.
Hop! TripAssist Plus Plan is a Travel Assistance Membership Program, it is not a travel insurance product.
- With Hop Travel Assist Products You will find Terms like:
- Hop Travel Assist Membership
- Medical Access Expense
- Medical Assistance Level
- With Hop Travel Assist Plans you won’t find Terms Like:
- Policy Maximum
Hop! Travel Assist Plans:
- Hop Travel Assist Plan is not an insurance plan nor a health insurance plan
- Hop Travel Assist plans are not designed to be a full-coverage comprehensive travel insurance
- Hop Travel Assist Plans are designed to provide some level of stabilization of conditions for members experiencing unexpected unwanted events during traveling
Please do note that though this is not an insurance product the travel assistance provided by the plans to USA Visitors and other international travelers covers medical expenses. The plans do make medical payment arrangements and also provide assistance from medical professionals or a healthcare provider to its members.
Hop! Trip Assist requires members to contact Hop Assist within certain times to access the benefits and travel assistance requests.
- Non-Life-Threatening Medical Assistance requires notification within 7 days of the first symptom.
- Life-threatening Medical Assistance needs to be reported within 48 hours of the first symptom.
- Travel Assistance requires notification within 24 hours of the incident
If in need of assistance, regardless of where you are the member should always contact the Hop Assist. All assistance is provided and administered by them.
It is open 24/7/365 days and operates in all the countries not sanctioned by the United States.
NOTE: Expenses rendered outside of Hop Assist are not eligible for benefits. Hop Assist must be informed of assistance services in order to access benefits. Members are advised to access Hop Assist for assistance services in order to access benefits
Hop TripAssist Plus Additional Benefits in Detail
Being a member of Hop! Trip Assist Plus, there are some additional features that can be accessed by you, when traveling worldwide
Priority Pass Airport Lounge Access:
While waiting for flights you need a comfortable and relaxing environment. With Priority Pass:
Members can access more than 1300 airport lounges in over 148 countries
Members can enjoy complimentary
- Free Wi-Fi
- Some other amenities…
Hop! Assistance members can purchase it at a discounted price for up to 3 free visitors to airport lounges worldwide.
Access to Doctor Please:
This is a telehealth feature and can be used for any non-life-threatening condition.
Using this feature, Members can access medical care from the comfort of their homes.
Worldwide members can from anywhere:
- Schedule an appointment with a certified, trained, credentialed healthcare provider
- Arrange medical care within 1 hour
- The doctor will video or audio chat
- If required the doctor will send a prescription to the nearest pharmacy (If prescriptions are not eligible expenses, it may require out-of-pocket expense)
Doctor Please! only provides access to and helps arrange the telehealth visits
Note: This is not an insurance product and is not insured by Tideview Risk PCC
As a visitor to the USA, you can carry prescription drugs with you into the USA.
VIP Airport Assistance:
This is a premium service, There may be a fee associated with this service.
This service is offered to travelers for a seamless and comfortable airport experience and provides a high level of luxury & personal attention.
It includes amenities such as
- Exclusive lounge access
- Assistance with baggage & check-In
- Fast Track Immigration & Security
- Private transportation to & from the plane
This is an assistance feature, not an insurance. In case of a Delayed flight (more than 90 minutes) with SmartDelay members can access a space providing
- Complimentary food
- Complimentary Drink
- Free Wi-Fi
How Much Medical Assistance is Paid?
Medical assistance paid is 80% of the assistance level chosen after applicable access expenses. Although this is not an insurance product it does provide illness medical assistance and health care services.
What is Assistance Level?
The assistance Level is the maximum benefit payable by the membership. This is the maximum coverage the plan offers for medical expenses.
Hop TripAssist Plus offers Medical Assistance Level via Hop Assist and are $150,000 to $300,000
What is Medical Assistance Access Expense?
Medical assistance access expense is a non -refundable deposit that must be paid before the membership will begin to provide any assistance.
This is the initial amount the member needs to pay before the assistance starts paying
- Higher Access Expense Lesser the Premium
- Lower Access Expense Higher the premium
Medical Access expense options offered by Hop Tripassist Plus for Ages 0 to 99 years old are from $100 to $5,000
Hop! TripAssist Plus Renewability
There is always a chance that things would not go as planned and there is always a possibility that the plan needs changes for a U.S. Visitor
There could be a need to extend the period of stay and the plan would have to be extended.
This is where the renewability factor is helpful.
Hop! TripAssist Plus can be renewed for a period of up to 364 days
Standout Feature of Hop TripAsssist Plus – Hop Assist
A prominent feature of Hop! TripAssist Plus is Hop! Assist, a dedicated service that facilitates direct billing with in-network healthcare providers on behalf of the members.
Hop! Assist operates round the clock, providing prompt claims processing, emergency travel, and medical assistance accessible from any device, at any time, and from any location.
Hop Assist acts as a liaison between the member and in-network healthcare providers,
- Handling claims processing
- Verifying eligibility
- Organizing emergency evacuation and repatriation services when necessary
Travel becomes extremely worry-free With Hop TripAssist Plus, as members can rely on comprehensive medical and travel support, including coverage for worsening pre-existing conditions
Stable chronic pre-existing that worsen during travel are eligible for benefits under the membership.
The hop TripAssist Plus offers benefits for new sicknesses, accidents, and pre-existing conditions, up to $300,000 depending on the membership subscribed.
Hop Trip Assist Plus Review
- Total Maximum for all Accidents: $150,000 and $300,000
- Medical Access Expense: $0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000
- Maximum Period of Coverage: 364 Days
- Eligibility: Available to people traveling worldwide outside their home country
- Available to: Visitors to the USA who have not yet arrived in the U.S.
- Minimum Purchase: 30 days
Key benefits of Hop Trip Assist Plus
- Guaranteed Cashless via Medical Concierge
- Best for Pre-Existing Conditions
- Covers Chronic Pre-Existing Conditions, Stable Pre-Existing Conditions which worsen
- Covers Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions
- Covers new sickness and accident (Up to $150,000 to $300,000)
- Access a 30% discount by Enrolling for 60 days
- 24/7 Medical Concierge making all appointments for you
- Choice of PPO Network
- Works with United Healthcare Options PPO
- Prescriptions Discounts via PPO
- Free priority pass and VIP Assist (Separate Fee)
- Medical and Security Assistance
Hop! TripAssist Plus Pre-Existing Conditions Medical Assistance
Hop TripAsssist Plus members receive top-notch medical assistance for both:
- Worsening of Pre-Existing Conditions
- Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions
Under the membership, Pre-Existing Conditions Stable, Chronic which worsen during travel are eligible for benefits
- Access expenses for Pre-Existing Conditions are up to $500
- The assistance Level for Pre-Existing Conditions is $150,000 or $300,000 (Depending on the membership)
As per the policy documents Pre-Existing Conditions are defined as an illness, disease, or other condition of the Covered Person in the 24-month period before the Covered Person’s assistance became effective under the policy
- First manifested itself, worsened, Became acute, or exhibited symptoms that would have caused a person to seek diagnosis, care, or treatment; or
- Required taking prescribed drugs or medicines or
- was treated by a doctor or treatment has been recommended by a Doctor
Eligibility for Assistance Service Membership
Hop provides Travel assistance services to Members under various membership plans depending on the length chosen by members
This Assistance membership program is available to individuals traveling outside their home country
Hop Memberships are nontransferable and nonrefundable
Hop Trip Assist Plus Benefits
Travel Assistance offered while traveling outside your home country
- Trip Interruption (Death of Immediate Family Member) [Optional]
- Trip Interruption (Serious Disaster at Home) [Optional]
- Trip Cancellation ( Up to Age 60) [Optional]
- Delay or Cancelled Flight
- Missed Connection/Coordination
- Baggage Delay/Lost Bag Search
- Lost Baggage/Lost Bag Search
- Flight Rebooking Delay
- Hotel Rebooking
- Rental Vehicle Rebooking
- Lost Passport & Travel Documents
- Emergency Cash Transfer
- Up to the minute Travel Delay Reports
Hop Tripassist Plus Medical Assistance Benefit
Medical assistance benefits offered while traveling outside your home country
- Ground Ambulance
- Air Ambulance
- Commercial Airline(Including medical stretcher)
- Medical Clearances & Fit to Fly Assessments
- Physician, Hospital, Dental, and Vision Referrals Via Hop Assist
- Medical Cost Containment, Expense Recovery, and Overseas Investigation
- Medical Payment Arrangements
- Medical Bill Audit
- Shipment of Medical Records
- In-Patient/Out-Patient Care Management
- Medical Assistance level hop Via Hop Assist
- Medical Assistance Access Expenses
- Medical Assistance Payment Rate
- Urgent Care Visits
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit
- Trip Interruption Benefit
- Emergency Medical Evacuation Benefit
- Repatriation of Remains Benefit
Hop Trip Assist Plus Security Assistance
Security Assistance is offered while traveling outside your Home Country
- Malicious product tampering and contamination
- General travel risk and travel security
- Emergency political and security evacuations
- Assistance in mass public disturbances, violent terrorist, or extremist incidents
- 24/7 point of contact (To report emergencies & get security and safety advice from the duty manager)
- Assistance in cases of major disasters
- Hijacking (any form of conveyance)
- Illegal detention and arrest
- Kidnap for ransom
- Monitoring and telephone advice throughout the crisis
Hop TripAssist Plus Legal Assistance
Provides legal advice and support during travel
- Assistance is provided for visa or immigration issues or if you have questions about local laws and regulations
- Coverage for legal assistance if you require representation in legal proceedings
Hop TripAssist Plus Personal Assistance
Provides Personal assistance for non-medical needs while you travel.
- Assistance is provided if you require help with language translation
- Assistance for arranging transportation
- Assistance for making reservations
- Assistance for recommendations for restaurants
Hop TripAssist Plus Medical Assistance
The medical assistance team Provides expert medical advice and support while you travel.
Within the USA, Hop Tripassist Plus utilizes the United Healthcare Options PPO via Hop! Assist
If you require medical treatment while abroad, arrange appointments with:
- Local Doctors, Hospitals, or a Healthcare Provider
- If necessary, arranges medical transport to home the country
How to Buy Hop! Travel Assist Plans
To Buy Hop!
Visit The Hop! Travel Assist website or authorized partner websites
- Choose the plan
- Check eligibility requirements
- Fill the application form
- Pay the premiums as per plan chosen
- Receive the confirmation of the purchase and policy documents
Alternatively, Here are links to buy Hop! Travel Assist, choose the plan that best suits your needs by clicking from the links below
Click to generate Hop Quotes
To buy Plan click the below
INF Hop! Trip Assist Plus – Frequently asked questions
What is Hop TripAssist Plus?
Hop! TripAssist Plus is a travel assistance membership Program designed to solve travelers’ needs while they visit a new country outside their home country.
Hop! TripAssist Plus, Does it cover Pre-Existing Medical Conditions?
Yes, Hop TripAssist Plus offers medical assistance for Pre-Existing Medical Conditions.
What does Hop! TripAssist Plus Provide?
Hop! TripAssist Plus provides medical assistance, Travel Assistance, and Security Assistance to travelers and offers benefits for Trip cancelation, Pre-existing Conditions, Cruise, and more…
What happens in case of Trip Cancellation?
In case you need to have to opt for trip cancellation, Hop! covers the penalties for canceling in advance a trip organized by a recognized professional tour operator known as
- A tour
- Tour Package
- Air Ticket and Cruises
To be eligible for the Trip Cancellation benefits the member must:
- Notify Hop! within 24 hours, of the cancelation
- Must have Acquired the plan maximum of 72 hours after the first payment of tour service (that needs canceling)
Member must present all documentation pertaining to trip cancellation:
- Motive of cancelation
- Invoices & Payment Receipts
- Respective paperwork of the service contracted
What happens in case of a Trip Delay?
In case of trip delay, Hop! will reimburse up to the maximum benefit if a member’s flight is delayed for at least 6 consecutive hours of the originally scheduled departure time and provided there is no other alternative form of transportation during this period.
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Traveling Expenses
- Food and Communication charges incurred
What happens if there is Baggage Delay?
If the baggage is delayed it will be located and delivered to you.
Reimbursement will only be awarded if
- Baggage is not located within 6 (six) hours from the arrival of the flight
No compensation will be awarded to the member if the delay or loss of luggage occurs:
- On the flight back to the country where the ticket was issued
- A connecting flight or the country of habitual residence
Hop! is always there for members
What happens in case of Lost Baggage?
The hop will compensate up to the maximum amount specified in the schedule of benefits.
The compensation is limited to one complete missed bag for a single member. If the baggage is in several beneficiaries’ names, Compensation is prorated between each ticket holder
In case the airline offers compensation for the lost baggage and asks the member to choose between
- Receiving cash as compensation
- One or more tickets as compensation
Once you agree to the option, then Hop! will pay the member economic compensation
The following conditions must be met in order to be compensated for lost baggage
- Before leaving the airport (where baggage was to be delivered) The airline and the assistance center must have been formally notified of the lost baggage
- The baggage is lost during transportation on a regular scheduled international flight. The benefit does apply when the loss originates on a
- Domestic flight
- Domestic flight abroad
- Charter flight
- Private or Military aircraft
- Any flight that does not have a fixed itinerary published and operates regularly
- The baggage must have been duly
- Shipped in the hold of the aircraft,
- Duly presented & delivered to the airline’s staff at the airport
- You won’t be compensated for the loss of baggage
- Considered as hand baggage
- Transported in the cabin of the aircraft
- Any package not properly registered with the airline
- Losses that occurred during land transportation of any kind are not included in the coverage
What happens in case the Flight is Delayed or canceled?
In case of a canceled or delayed flight, do not worry, Hop! Tripassist Plus will help rebook your travel arrangements.
What are the various Hop! Travel Assist options for visitors to the USA?
The various Hop Travel Assist options are:
- ULTRA PLUS
- HOP VIP
- HOP VIP PLUS
- HOP MINDORO