VisitorSecure – Visitor Health Insurance is a fixed-benefit/limited coverage, renewable, low-cost, budget-friendly travel medical insurance plan from WorldTrips Travel Insurance Company, part of the Tokio Marine HCC Group a reputed international travel and medical insurance services group.
This insurance plan is budget-friendly for visitors to the USA.
A Travel Insurance plan that provides pre-defined amounts for medical coverage and emergency services for visitors to the USA or for those travelers going outside America.
The plan is available for coverage from a Minimum of 5 days up to a Maximum of 364 days
VisitorSecure is a fixed coverage plan, and it pays a fixed amount for each and every covered medical benefit. To understand a limited coverage plan look at the differences between comprehensive travel insurance and a limited coverage plan.
Watch this video about VisitorSecure Travel Insurance
VisitorSecure Travel Insurance – Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria VisitorSecure Plan:
- This plan is not available to individuals residing in the USA for more than 365 days
- To be eligible for VisitorSecure, one must be traveling outside of their home country including the U.S., and must be at least 14 days of age.
- This plan is available for ages minimum of 14 days to 89 years
- U.S. citizens must be traveling outside of the continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands in order to be eligible.
- The visitor Secure plan is available for non-U.S. citizens visiting the U.S. or for travel outside their home country and U.S. citizens traveling outside the U.S.
- Coverage is for a minimum of 5 days up to a maximum of up to 364 days
- You can extend coverage dates up to 364 days
- The plan is cancelable for a full refund if the policy date is not effective yet, or a 25% fee is applied (note that travel insurance plans may not be cancelable if an insurance claim is filed)
VisitorSecure Plan Coverage Details
VisitorSecure Travel Insurance is a Fixed Benefit Plan, the insurance underwriter VisitorSecure Plans is Lloyd’s of London and has been rated A (“Excellent”) by A.M. Best. The Plans are administered by WorldTrips Travel Insurance Company.
The coverage includes benefits such as:
- Medical Treatment and Expenses
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Repatriation of Remains
- Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions
- And more…
The plan offers coverage for COVID-19 like any other covered medical condition (If the virus is contracted after the policy effective date)
The coverage duration offered is from 5 days to 364 days.
While in the USA (After the deductible is satisfied) the insurance company pays up to the stated eligible medical expenses incurred for each covered treatment or service.
Please note that travel insurance coverage benefits pay only eligible expenses that are listed as covered events in the policy document.
You can visit any Doctor or Hospital of your choice (VisitorSecure does not participate in any PPO network).
Additionally, Visitor Secure Insurance offers $50 per day for each day the travelers are quarantined abroad maximum of 10 days.
The plan is designed for budget-conscious visitors to the USA or travelers outside America and you can purchase policy instantly online.
VisitorSecure Travel Medical Insurance Plan – 4 Options
Healthcare is expensive in the United States, medical coverage is important if you are visiting the USA or traveling internationally.
VisitorSecure offers 4 different medical coverage plan options:
- Plan A
- Plan B
- Plan C
- Plan D
The coverage and benefits of each plan vary, and each has a different policy maximum limit and deductible option.
Each VisitorSecure plan option includes coverage for expenses related to medical treatment, emergency medical evacuation, and common carrier accidental death and dismemberment.
The plans have different deductibles and coverage options to help the travel medical insurance plan meet almost any budget.
All eligible and legitimate expenses are subject to the deductible, and overall policy max limit, and are per injury or illness unless specifically indicated otherwise.
VisitorSecure provides a range of benefits for visitors traveling to the US or abroad.
The plan offers basic medical coverage, including:
- In-Patient Hospital Medical Expenses
- Out-Patient Hospital Medical Expenses
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Repatriation of Remains
- Local Burial and Cremation
- Common carrier accidental death and dismemberment.
It is a low-cost fixed/scheduled benefit plan for non-US citizens visiting the US, and it is available for a minimum of 5 days to a maximum of 364 days duration.
The plan allows visitors to visit any doctor, hospital, or provider in the US as it has no PPO network.
VisitorSecure provides coverage for:
- Emergency medical evacuation (up to $50,000),
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions (up to $100,000),
- Common carrier AD&D (up to $25,000), and
- Repatriation of remains (up to $25,000).
- Local burial and cremation (Up to $5,000)
The plan offers a choice of deductibles and coverage options to help the plan meet almost any budget.
Visitor Secure Insurance is a fixed-benefit renewable plan designed for budget-conscious visitors to the USA, or travelers outside America also. with coverage from a Minimum of 5 days up to a Maximum of 364 days
What Coverage and Benefits are offered by Visitor Secure Insurance?
Visitor Secure Insurance is a fixed-benefit renewable plan designed for budget-conscious visitors to the USA or travelers outside America.
Visitor Secure Insurance is a low-cost plan for relatives or parents visiting the USA, or for travel by anyone outside America also.
The plan provides both inpatient and outpatient hospital medical expenses, emergency medical evacuation, and common carrier accidental death and dismemberment.
VisitorSecure is a scheduled benefit coverage medical insurance for visitors traveling to the United States.
The plan offers continuous coverage protection from a minimum of 5 days to a maximum of 364 days (12 months) and is renewable.
VisitorSecure insurance allows you to visit any doctor, hospital, or provider in the U.S. as it has no PPO network. However, VisitorSecure is a fixed coverage plan, and it pays a fixed amount for each and every covered medical benefit. The maximum limit chosen for the policy is for the life of the insurance plan and not per incident.
Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions
VisitorSecure insurance provides coverage, the coverage limits for the Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions are:
- Plan A: $50,000
- Plan B: $75,000
- Plan C: $100,000
- Plan D: $100,000
These are the Lifetime maximum for eligible expenses. The limit for emergency medical evacuation under all plan options is a $ 25,000-lifetime maximum limit.
Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions, Sudden and Unexpected Outbreak, Description of Coverage as per the plan document: Subject to all other terms, conditions, and limitations of this Master Policy, in the event you experience an acute onset of a pre-existing condition during the certificate period for which immediate treatment is essential and necessary to stabilize the pre-existing condition, this Master Policy will cover eligible expenses (medical) incurred during the certificate period with respect to an acute onset of the pre-existing condition provided that at the time of the acute onset of a pre-existing condition. The benefit will apply only if all of the following conditions are met: 12 VisitorSecure Description of Coverage | WorldTrips
- The Acute onset of a Pre-Existing Condition does not directly or indirectly relate to a chronic condition or congenital condition
- Treatment must be obtained within twenty-four (24) hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or reoccurrence
- You must be under seventy (70) years of age
- You must not be traveling against or in disregard of the recommendations, established treatment programs, or medical advice of a physician or other healthcare provider
- You must not be traveling with the intent or purpose to seek or obtain treatment for the preexisting condition
- You must be traveling outside your Home Country Such coverage shall be subject to all other policy terms, conditions, and exclusions, including the General Exclusions and the limits set forth in Schedule of Benefits and Limits
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Coverage
VisitorSecure does not cover pre-existing conditions. If you need travel insurance for pre-existing conditions you need to explore alternative plans like:
It is important to understand what are pre-existing conditions to be able to decide if you want to buy a plan that offers acute onset of pre-existing condition coverage benefits or select a plan that covers pre-existing conditions.
What medical expenses are covered under VisitorSecure insurance
The insurance plan is a fixed benefit plan with travel medical benefits including out-patient treatment, in-patient treatment, emergency services, emergency medical evacuation, and more.
All eligible expenses are subject to the deductible, and overall policy limits, and are per injury or illness unless specifically indicated otherwise. The plan offers a choice of deductibles and coverage options to help the plan meet almost any budget.
What is the policy maximum for VisitorSecure insurance
The policy maximum for VisitorSecure insurance varies based on the age of the traveler.
The policy maximum offered for Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, and Plan D is:
- The policy maximum amounts available for people from 14 days up to the age of 59 years are $50,000, $75,000, $100,000, and $130,000 respectively
- The policy maximum amounts available for people from 60 up to the age 69 are $50,000, $75,000, $100,000, and NA for plan D
- For people aged 70 to 79 years, the policy maximum amounts available are $50,000, $75,000, NA, and NA for Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, and Plan D, respectively
- For people aged 80 and above, the policy maximum amount available is $10,000
It is important to note that the maximum limit chosen for the policy is per policy period of the insurance plan and not per incident.
What is the Deductible for VisitorSecure Insurance?
VisitorsSecure offers a choice of deductible and coverage options to help the plan meet almost any budget. The deductible amount varies depending on the plan option selected.
Visitor Secure Insurance – Inpatient Treatment
VisitorSecure Insurance provides inpatient treatment coverage for visitors traveling to any foreign country outside of their home country and visitors traveling to the United States.
- Hospital room and Board (Including Miscellaneous)
- Intensive Care Unit (Including Miscellaneous)
- Consultant Physician
- Private Duty Nurse
- Physician visits
Visitor Secure Insurance Outpatient Treatment
VisitorSecure Insurance covers outpatient hospital medical expenses like
- Outpatient Surgical Facility
- Pre-Admission Testing
- Diagnostic X-Ray and Labs
- Emergency Room Maximum Limit – All Expenses incurred
- Observation Room Services
- Outpatient Prescription Drugs
- Office Visits (Including Urgent Care)
Visitor Secure Miscellaneous Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment
Miscellaneous Inpatient and Outpatient treatment coverage under VisitorSecure insurance
- Assistant Surgeon
- Local Ambulance
- Dental Accident
- Physical Therapy
- Mental and Nervous Disorders and Substance Abuse
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Acute onset of Pre-existing condition (Only available for ages below 70 Years)
Visitor Secure Insurance Plan FAQ
What is the maximum coverage for pre-existing conditions under the Visitor Secure plan?
The maximum coverage for the Acute Onset of Pre-existing conditions under the VisitorSecure plan is up to $100,000. However, the plan does not provide coverage for treatment of pre-existing conditions.
What is the age limit for purchasing VisitorSecure?
According to the VisitorSecure insurance plan details, only individuals traveling outside of their home country who are at least 14 days of age are eligible for coverage under this plan.
Does VisitorSecure offer PPO Network?
The plan offers no PPO network. Visitors covered under the policy can visit any doctor, hospital, or other healthcare service provider of their choice.
Does VisitorSecure cover inpatient treatment for visitors to the US
Yes, VisitorSecure insurance covers inpatient treatment for visitors to the US. Inpatient means the insured needs overnight(s) stay in the hospital room.
Does VisitorSecure insurance cover outpatient treatment for visitors to the US
Yes, VisitorSecure insurance covers outpatient treatment for visitors to the US. Outpatient means the patient doesn’t need an overnight stay in a hospital room or medical facility.
Does VisitorSecure cover Prescription Drugs?
Yes, For drugs that require a prescription by a physician for treatment of a covered injury or illness, but not for the replacement of lost, stolen, damaged, expired, or otherwise compromised drugs, and for a maximum supply of 60 days per prescription. You are allowed to carry prescription drugs into the USA from your home country, for your current ailments.
Is VisitorSecure an Emergency Medical Evacuation Plan?
Some Travel Medical Insurance Plans are emergency medical evacuation plans because they offer this coverage benefit while there could be a plan that excludes emergency medical evacuation. It is important to read the policy document to ensure your plan covers emergency medical evacuation. VisitorSecure offers coverage for emergency medical evacuation as per defined limits in the plan document. The limit for emergency medical evacuation is a $ 50,000-lifetime maximum (note that the limit for emergency medical evacuation under the acute onset of pre-existing conditions is a $ 25,000-lifetime maximum)